Tuesday, February 1, 2011

sled dogs killed


I recently read an article about a dog sledding tragedy in Canada. (the link is at the bottom of this post) It's not what you think, no people were harmed. Tragically, 100 dogs were slaughtered because business was slow. Apparently during the Olympics in 2010, the dog sled for entertainment business was booming, and after the big event was over, the business in British Columbia slumped again. This led to the inhumane killing of innocent dogs who were born and raised for our entertainment. "The dogs were repeatedly shot and had their throats slashed before being dumped into a mass grave." The killings were brutal and the employee who was ordered to do it later sued the company and was seeking Post Traumatic Stress counseling.


I can NOT believe that this is true! I'm especially upset by it because I was just up there in September and I got to ride a dog sled. It's so sad because there are so many people throughout the country who would adopt these dogs! Here is the original article that I read, please check it out...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/31/100-sled-dogs-slaughtered_n_816462.html

1 comment:

  1. That makes me REALLY sad. I can't bring myself to read the article. Tragedies like this make me hate people and what this world is becoming.

    ReplyDelete