Wednesday, January 19, 2011

libraries

I'm going to direct you to another page today. I came across it while I was doing my daily internet update. Normally I wouldn't send you somewhere else, but today is a special exception because I couldn't re-write this article and include the pictures, it just wouldn't be right.

So, please go here and look at the pictures.
http://flavorwire.com/141846/celebs-theyre-geeks-like-us-libraries-of-the-rich-and-famous




I have always thought that one day I'll have a library in my house. I can't even imagine one the size of Karl Lagerfeld's or The Beast's but I'd like mine to be a cozy place where you can read, or write, or draw. It should be a nice conversation space and a room that you never want to leave. If I could get sweeping ladders, that would be a dream come true.

I'd like to have an antique writing desk in there to keep up with my correspondence and though the thought of fire near so many books scares me, I can't deny that a fireplace is the perfect place to curl up with a book. Lots of blankets would also be a necessity... wool, fleece, cashmere, cotton, anything, maybe even Snuggies. Maybe. No overhead lighting, just some lamps around the room and some classical music (without words) in the background.

Mmmmm... that sounds like heaven to me :)

3 comments:

  1. photo sources:
    Audrey: fiftiesinspiriation.tumblr.com
    Jackie: postersguide.com
    Grace: emergingwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! Great Post! I really liked MJ's library, and I would love to have a library with a layout just like that one! Although you are missing the two most important parts to any library the hidden bar in the globe in the corner, and the secret corridor complete with book pull-lever!Keep up the posts they are fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sammy J! I'm glad you're reading and enjoying :) You are totally right about the missing features! I completely forgot about the book opening secret passageway - that's a total must. I'll have to rework the globe concept in my house though, because I plan on having giant maps on the walls so I can pinpoint (literally) where I've been and where I still need to go. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete