Wednesday, December 22, 2010

favorite christmas movie quotes

Here's an incomplete list of some of my favorite Christmas movies and my favorite quotes from those movies...If you have any to add please comment on the bottom! I'd love to hear your opinions.

Eloise at Christmastime: "I absolutely love Christmas!"

Home Alone:
"Buzz your girlfriend... Woof!"

Home Alone2:
"Kevin!! You spent $967 on room service??!!"
"Give this to Kevin... Give this to Kevin... Give this to Kevin...Kevin's not here... Kevin's not here..."

"Don't gimme that! You've been smoochin' wit everybody! Snuffy. Al. Leo. Little Moe, with the gimpy leg. Cheeks. Boney Bob. Cliff..."

Polar Express:
"At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."

Miracle on 34th Street: "I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I... I... I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt."

"Mr. Kringle is not concerned for himself, if he was he wouldn't be here. He is in this regrettable positon because he is willing to sacrifice himself for children. To create in their minds a world far better than the one we've made for them. If this is, as Mr. Collins suggests, a masquerade then Mr. Kringle is eager to forfeit his freedom to preserve that masquerade. To subject himself to prosecution to protect the children's right to believe. If this court finds that Mr. Kringle is not who he says he is, that there is no Santa, I ask the court to judge which is worse: A lie that draws a smile or a truth that draws a tear."

"I shall never forget you. In all my troubles past and all my troubles yet to come, I'll never find a better friend."

How the Grinch Stole Christmas: "And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head, he got her a drink and he sent her to bed. And when Cindy Lou Who was in bed with her cup, he crupt to the chimney and stuffed the tree up. Then he went up the chimney himself, the old liar, and the last thing he took was the log for their fire. On their walls he left nothing but hooks and some wire. And the one speck of food that he left in the house was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse."

"'If I can't find a reindeer then I'll make one instead.' So he took his dog Max, and he took some black thread, and he tied a big horn on the top of his head."

"And what happened next? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!"

A Charlie Brown Christmas: "You DO think I'm beautiful, don't you, Charlie Brown? ... You didn't answer me right away. You had to think about it first, didn't you? If you really had thought I was beautiful, you would've spoken right up. I know when I've been insulted. I KNOW WHEN I'VE BEEN INSULTED."

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love. "

and of course...
"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"


1 comment:

  1. Very nice collection of these Christmas quotes from favorite movies. I love Home alone series, especially the first part. I and my kids watch it every Christmas!

    ReplyDelete