Monday, December 6, 2010

Jackie O


I must apologize for my long absence, there really is no excuse except laziness. I promise to be more conscientious in the future.

For today's topic, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. I recently mentioned her in my "Sundries" post because I was reading "Are you a Jackie or a Marilyn?" by Pamela Keogh. I finished the book last week and I really loved it. As it turns out I am very clearly a Jackie and I'm impatiently waiting for my darling Becky to finish so we can compare notes. (She's very much a Marilyn in my opinion) The only thing I found that Jackie and I disagreed on was money. Keogh wrote that perhaps because Jackie came from money, she was not exactly generous in giving it away. I hesitate to criticize the great Jackie in any way, but I would say that though I don't have that much personal wealth I find myself loaning or giving it away if someone needs it.

I highly recommend the book because it's a really quick read and I truly felt like I could be as glamorous as both Jackie and Marilyn with just a little bit of effort. (I really am too lazy anyway) For me, Jackie led her life with such grace, poise and elegance that one can only try to emulate it. Her style was so classic and she just oozed perfection; her family was her first priority and though not overtly sexual she had men eating out of the palm of her hand.

Ironically, my latest issue of Vanity Fair came in the mail today and one of the feature articles was about Jackie in her working years. I can't wait to devour the article, though with the preparation I've gotten from Keogh's book I'm sure I'll have a grasp of some of the facts already. So, if you're looking for a Christmas gift for the glamour girl in your life, consider "Are you a Jackie or a Marilyn?" It really is for any girl who may be looking for a little sparkle in her life.


3 comments:

  1. photos courtesy of:


    http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20238400_20537559,00.html

    http://famespy.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/happy-birthday-jacqueline-kennedy-onassis-fashion-icon-and-first-lady/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for gracing my blog with your presence! This is SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete