Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just want to take a moment before the day officially starts to give thanks. I'll start with a quote that really means a lot to mean for it's simplicity and meaning.

For each new morning with it's light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, For love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am so thankful for all I've been blessed with and as always, my family tops the list. I am grateful that I live in an environment that allows me to update the internet about my life any time I want. I am grateful that so many people in my family know how to cook so well :) I am grateful for all the friends I've ever made, whether we still speak or not, the relationships were worth having at some point. I am grateful for my optimism and compassion because I believe these were feelings I was born with and that I've nurtured. I'm grateful for the amazing educational opportunities I've had, I know they'll help me in the (hopefully near) future.
There are so many more things that I'm thankful for but the purpose of this post is not to list them all, it's to inspire you to take a look at your life and think about what you have. Anything that could be taken away from you is a blessing, because you still have it. Remember that when you get down on yourself and be thankful for even the smallest of blessings. And, as a final show of gratitude, I found this poster online and it really brought me some perspective...


image courtesy of: http://posters-for-good.tumblr.com/post/542977597/if-you-have-food-in-your-fridge-clothes-on-your

No comments:

Post a Comment