Monday, October 4, 2010

the buried life

I can't say enough about this show. It makes me laugh, cry, and marvel all within 30 minutes. If you don't catch it, you're making a huge mistake. Monday nights at 10:30 on MTV. I only wish my parents would understand how important it is to me. Essentially, 4 boys are on a journey to cross off all the items on their bucket list. For everything they cross off, they help a stranger cross something off of their own list. Some past successful endeavors have been to deliver a baby, tell a joke on late night, and PLAY BASKETBALL WITH PRESIDENT OBAMA. Along the way they've helped build a skate park memorial in a town in Kansas, reconnect family members, and even helped one girl see her mother's grave across the country.

Tonight the guys were crossing #59 off their list: Ask out the girl of your dreams. One of the boys chose Taylor Swift. So the episode was spent trying to get Duncan into the CMT awards so that he could ask Taylor on a date.

SPOILER ALERT! They get rejected at the front door but find an alternate way in. Duncan makes it all the way to Taylor in her seat (next to REBA!) and gives her his number with a very polite, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you but if you could just text me and let me know if you ever want to go out one day..." She thanks him and puts the note in her dress. We find out at the end of the episode that she texted him back and TAYLOR SWIFT SAID YES. He was genuinely ecstatic it was really cute.

To add a bit of humor to the episode, another of the group, Dave, decided he'd try asking Carrie Underwood out for drinks. He somehow manages to get to her but she's sitting next to her giant hockey playing husband. Dave is kindly shut down and crestfallen says something like, "Well, that really didn't go according to plan. Sorry guys."

My dreams would be fulfilled if I could get on this show and help the guys complete their list while I check off mine. They need a little female touch. The biggest reward of all though, would be the ability to touch and change so many other people's lives. That would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment