Tuesday, October 12, 2010

how you know the holidays are coming.

This post is because I'm holiday season obsessed and so I notice every holiday reference as soon as fall starts. I'll go back to a few weeks ago, when it all began.

Approximately 3 weeks ago I saw the first holiday commercial of the season. It was for K-Mart layaway.
2 weeks ago my parents started receiving free packages of Christmas cards in the mail, in addition to requests for holiday donations.
Last week on the Today Show, the hosts made a reference to the approach of the season because the Rockefeller Ice Rink was opening for the first time. They also played one of my favorite songs, Skating by the Vince Guaraldi Trio in the background.
Also last week, the dictionary.com Word of the Day I receive in my email was Wassail... as in... Here we come a wassailing among the leaves so green. Here we come a wandering so fair to be seen. Love and Joy come to you and to you your wassail, too...

I'm sure a lot of you are not happy with this post or my "rushing" the holidays, but it makes me smile to think of the good things to come, and I can easily keep up this joy and anticipation for another 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment