Friday, October 15, 2010

disappointing doctor appointments

Today I had to go to the doctor. Lame, I know, but necessary. I dislike this doctor's office in particular because not only do they weigh me, but they take my blood, and most of the clientele are just plain rude. The rudeness, smelliness and overall outward appearance of most of the patients makes me question if I really need to be there.

I had a 9:30 appointment and I arrived at 9:15. The office opened at 9:00. I wasn't called from the waiting room until 10, and the doctor didn't appear until 10:15. I got back home at 11. This all doesn't seem like a significant amount of time, but as I was sitting there trying not to get a whiff of anyone sitting right next to me (when there were plenty of seats open, I might add) I thought about how difficult it is to fall a half hour behind in your patients when you've only been open for a half hour.

The doctor is a lovely man and he really cares about how I feel physically and mentally, but I would feel a whole lot better about the situation if it didn't take 2 hours for a 15 minute appointment. On top of all of this complaining, I hadn't eaten anything because the blood work required me to be fasting. To be honest, that's probably why I was so angry about the appointment in general.

Oh well, done with my rant... any readers have common experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment