Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let's Bring Back

I heard about this book, "Let's Bring Back" a few weeks ago and it immediately went on my Christmas list. I'm fascinated by things from an earlier time, as evidenced by my Emily Post encyclopedia and the Pen Pal relationships I formed this summer with some far away friends.

In an ironic twist, as I was catching up on my Twitter feed (@erinbridget88) today I found a link to this article which has excerpts from the book. Little did I know that it was a Huffington Post columnist, Lesley M. Blume who penned my latest Must Read.

I highly recommend at least reading the article. Huffington Post does a fantastic job of breaking everything down into slide shows with pictures so even those with the shortest of attention spans can follow through.

My favorite "Bring Backs" from her article are:
Hats on Men
Manners (obviously)
Hand Written Thank You Notes (again, obviously)
Roadtrips
Libraries - both public and private
Luncheon
Good Posture
Sunday Roasts
Supper Clubs
Dancing
Lockets
Picnics
Game Nights

2 comments:

  1. I agree with bringing back manners! I have my rude moments, but I think manners are important. My mom and I were actually discussing how it's become almost acceptable to be a tyrannical bitch because of shows (though I love it) like "Jersey Shore." It's a shame that we can be so rude to each other without many, or any, consequences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I know I can be rude, it usually takes A LOT to drive me there but you nailed it. That's probably one of the main reasons I can't watch Jersey Shore! I never thought of that. I also love that you used "tyrannical bitch," because it is so totally spot on. Maybe we're rude for calling people that but sometimes you need honesty!

    ReplyDelete